Saturday, January 12, 2013

Veronese Pergolas

It has not been easy to find example pergola trellis system plans.  So far, the best I have done is find photos of them on the web.

Here the best example that I've found: Marco Mosconi:














What catches my eye here is the the tall center posts and web-like pergola trellis. There may be a suspension system here with thin wire that cannot be seen in the photo.















What catches my eye here is diagonal 'edge' beams.  I suspect there are thin wires that cannot be seen in the photo that go down vertically to the ground.  A thicker cable connects the diagonal beams.  I'd love to know the details of this scheme.  It seems be be called a 'Veronese Pergola '.

According to V.I.P.I., in English: 'The vineyard store, accessories for vineyards,' located near Brescia, IT, there are several pergola systems:

Below is a YouTube video demonstrating how new shoots are tied to a Veronese Pergola:


The 1st minute in the below video covers several 'Veronese Pergola systems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment