Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pesticide warning in France

French winegrowers warned over pesticide use 

"A  French winegrower, who died after contracting leukaemia becoming the first farmer to have his illness officially linked to the pesticides he used for years on his crops, has spoken from beyond the grave giving a warning to the industry....

He is among 40 or so farmers in France whose illnesses have now been officially linked to their profession and the pesticides they have sprayed on the land by the French agricultural public health body.
Speaking shortly before his death, Mr Chenet said: "When I got the hospital I saw the same company whose name was on the pill box (as the one that made the farming products). I said: 'It can't be true; the same group that poisoned me is now treating me."

No comments:

Post a Comment