Saturday, July 27, 2013

Out of town visitor

An old friend happened to be in town, and came by to visit the vineyard.  It was his first visit. I gave him my 'breeding grapes for Texas' story, with an emphasis on late frosts and the perfection of Glen Rose as a place to breed for late bloom. We then had a glass of Lenoir - Tempranillo from Red Caboose Winery I had purchased just for such an occasion. Wonderful.

I think this was the first out of town guest to visit the vineyard.

Before he left, he mentioned some nervousness after driving up the bluff to the house.  "I didn't see any signs of a vineyard, but did see 4 cars.  I expected 2 cars. You know how people in Texas are about privacy.  I didn't want someone to walk out the door with a rifle."

This leads me to fantasize a bit. It would be nice to have a wine grotto with grape vines lining the path to it, and a vineyard off in the distance...

No comments:

Post a Comment